After launching Producer through Console, Producer will start up. When loading finishes, a window will open with the production settings.
Capture Device Settings
1. Select Capture Device: if you are using a StarTech or Elgato select which one you are using. If the device is not detected as connected to the system, you will see an error below the selection boxes. If this is the case, close Producer, reconnect the capture device in question, and relaunch Producer again. If you are using screen capture for your event, do not select anything.
2. Video Device: this should auto populate if you selected an option above, but if it doesn't, manually select the option you wish.
3. Video Line: if the Video Device selected has multiple input options, select which one you are using.
4. Audio Device: this should auto populate if you selected an option above, but if it doesn't, manually select the option you wish.
1. Select Resolution: select the highest resolution the capture device and your internet upload speed support. If there is a mismatch (i.e., you have a SD-based camera and you have chosen High Definition), it will say there is a Camera & Stream Resolution Mismatch. You can still stream with this error, but this is to let you know just in case.
2. Production Information: you can skip this portion as the information is fulfilled in Console.
3. HD/SD Overlay: select the sport or event you are filming so the correct graphic's package populates.
4. Network Speed Probing: select the highest preset your internet upload speed permits
Click the green Continue button to proceed.
Click here to view an interactive guide on how to setup your capture device.
Continue the walk through here: During the Production
If you are using StarTech, click continue and receive a full window error message, make sure you have a stable video input running into the video capture device. After ensuring the connection, relaunch Producer and try to launch the production again. If you continue to have issues, contact Production Support.