Wirecast is a powerful broadcast tool available on Mac and PC. This guide will help you in broadcasting on the NFHS Network using your Wirecast setup!
WIRECAST APPLICATION SETUP
- Select Destination > RTMP Server.
- Select H.264 720p 16:9 (1280x720) as your encoder.
- Enter 'rtmp://video.nfhsnetwork.com/playon' into the RTMP server.
- The default RTMP port is 1935, but you may need to configure your firewall to allow connections on this port.
- In Stream enter the Live Stream ID (Find that using this guide)
- Click OK to save your settings
- Select the 'Stream' button
CONSOLE ON AIR & OFF AIR INSTRUCTION
- Once you have started the stream in Wirecast you will need to take your broadcast on air.
- Go to console.nfhsnetwork.com and login.
- Find your event and navigate to the event details page.
- Scroll to the bottom and select the picture icon under Live Streams.
- Click on the tab labeled 'PRODUCTIONS'
- Click the button labeled 'STREAM CONTROLS' to reveal the Stop Stream and Off/On Air controls.
- Click 'GO ON AIR' to take your broadcast on air for your viewers to see.
Keep in mind that, in order to create a seamless viewing experience, the NFHS Network creates a buffer of up to 5-minutes. This is created with a video slate letting you and your audience know that the event will start soon!