What if my laptop will not recognize my StarTech?
- If you have decided to purchase a Startech USB 3.0 Video Capture Device - HDMI® / DVI / VGA / Component HD Video Recorder - 1080p 60fps (Product ID: USB3HDCAP), please make sure that you have a USB 3.0 port on your laptop. Click here to make sure you have downloaded the latest Startech drivers to install.
- You will also need to make sure you have the latest USB 3.0 drivers for your laptop installed:
- For the Dell E5440 laptop, you will need the Intel USB 3.0 xHCI Driver (click here for a list of drivers, and look under the Chipsetdrop-down menu)
- For the Dell E430 laptop, you will need the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver (click here for a list of drivers, and look under the Chipsetdrop-down menu)
- For all other laptops, please see the make and models site for USB 3.0 drivers
- !! Be aware of the chipset: the Startech is NOT compatible with Etron USB controllers or ASMedia 1042 / 1042A USB controllers !!