How to Use Switcher Studio
- Download from the App Store
- Cost will vary after the free trial, but for best access to the NFHS Network site, the cost would be $75/month.
- Add your game into Console
- After you create your game, find the Live Stream ID by clicking on the Live Stream box at the bottom of the Console game record you just created.
- The Live Stream ID will be at the top of the subsequent screen. Note this ID (copy/paste).
- Activate Switcher Studio through your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to the Broadcast button in Switcher Studio (It’s a square with an arrow in it).
- After opening it, select Custom RTMP only.
- You will need to add the NFHS Network host URL (video.nfhsnetwork.com/playon) to the Server URL in Switcher Studio.
- Add the Live Stream ID for your game into the Stream Key/ID line in Switcher Studio.
- To add your school logo to the event, you will need to upgrade your package. Here are links at Switcher Studio that tells you how to do that: https://support.switcherstudio.com/en/articles/3697681-asset-creation
- After you have entered the Live Stream ID and Server URL, Switcher Studio will prompt you to do a speed test, which will then determine at what rate you will be streaming your video.
- Select your speed based on the recommendations.
- When you are all set up, select Record…the large red button on the main screen.
- You are now streaming! The button will turn green. Leave it running until the game is over, then press the button (which will turn red) once you are complete.
- Now take your event on air
- On console.nfhsnetwork.com navigate to Live Stream and then click "Productions" at the top of the screen.
- Click "Stream Details" and then "Go On Air" to allow your audience to start seeing your broadcast.
When your event is complete:
- Navigate back to the Live Stream section of your Event @ Console and click "Complete Stream"
- Once you have done that you can stop the stream on Switcher Studio and shut down.
Always keep in mind that there will be a several minute delay from the start of your feed on site to the live stream reaching the NFHS Network website. Fans will get the start of the game if you started it on time…there will just be a delay.