Welcome to the NFHS Network! We’re excited that you have chosen to be a part of our School Broadcast Program! Our Marketing team has put together a few ideas and tips on how you can get the most out of this program!
First let’s talk a little bit about how the Network promotes your school’s games. Our marketing team promotes your games across various channels. We send out emails first thing in the morning to fans of your school on days that you have a scheduled broadcast, letting them know exactly what’s scheduled for that day. We also send push notifications to mobile devices and emails right at game time to remind fans of big games featuring your school.
On social media we promote your school’s games through our NFHS Network Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts. When able, we tag your school and your state association in these posts so that you can share it with your fans. We also run paid advertisements to promote the games on social media. These are highly targeted ads that reach sports fans located within a certain distance of your school, even if they aren’t already following us or you on social media.
Through Google and Bing, we run paid search advertisements for your school and your specific games. When a fan searches for certain keywords, like your school name and the word “football,” they’re presented with search results promoting your upcoming or live games on the NFHS Network.
As you can see, our team is doing a lot to help promote your school’s athletic events. To really get the most out of the School Broadcast Program, there are a few things that you can do to help us out.
- Make sure your broadcasts are scheduled accurately and as far in advance of the game as possible. We can only promote what’s scheduled in our system, and given the hundreds of thousands of games we broadcast, it helps to be able to plan these things out a bit.
- Add a link to your NFHS Network school page in a prominent location on your school’s main website homepage. This way your school’s website visitors can easily find how to watch the games.
- Promote your school’s games on social media! Take the link to each game from the NFHS Network website and share it on your school’s social media pages! For more information on promoting your school’s events on social media, check out our Social Media Article here.
- Interact with us on social media! Whenever you see our NFHS Network accounts tagging your school’s accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram… share the post! The more people that see this content, the better!
- In any other forms of communication your school has with parents of athletes like a newsletter or e-mail, remind them of your school’s partnership with the NFHS Network. And be sure to share the link to your school’s Network page.
They say imitation is the best form of flattery. And the NFHS Network has a lot of imitators! Throughout the season, you will see that there are many fake accounts out there claiming to be the NFHS Network. When you see these types of suspicious accounts using our name, image, or likeness on the internet, please report them right away. We would really appreciate it if you would first report the account on whatever platform it’s on, then send the fake account’s information over to your account manager. Our team will file a claim on behalf of the Network. Please only share information from official NFHS Network accounts: @NFHSNetwork. A good rule of thumb when trying to identify a fake account is this: if they’re linking to a site other than the NFHS Network, it’s most likely fake. Feel free to direct message us on social media whenever these types of questions come up.
For other marketing tips, click here to read our “Best Marketing Practices” article.